Monday, January 11, 2010

Eye Candy: Seiji Fujishirou


Once upon a time late LATE one evening in High School I was watching this show on the International Channel, don't know what the show was called, it had little clips about cute different things around Japan like rooftop gardens, electric car charging stations, and this light box artist that I could not remember the name of.

After searching the internet endlessly for 'light box artist' I emailed the international channel for help, and they sent me his name.

Seiji Fujishirou


It's difficult to believe such an old crotchety looking guy could create such beautiful, whimsical little creatures.


He specializes in light box art. Almost all of the different colors you see are intricately cut pieces of colored tissue paper (like the kind you played with in pre-school).


They get layered to create a soft look.


Then a lamp is placed behind them, and the picture just comes alive.

But even knowing this, I still look a his art and get the feeling of 'How did he do that?'


It's among the many different kinds of art that I would love to try one day. It's enchanting to look at even though I've only seen it over the internet and a few minutes on TV a long time ago.


It requires skill, precision, and a lot of patience.


But perhaps one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment