Monday, October 10, 2011

Review: Black Rose Minerals

On my search through indie mineral makeup companies I stumbled across Black Rose Minerals, they have plenty of yellow/gold shades and I think we all know my heart belongs to pale golds and bright yellows... Eyeshadow wise at least.

My package came with stickers and an handwritten card. I adore it when companies do that.

From left to right:
  • Mother Sunflower: Golden yellow with gold sparkle.
  • Sunset: Sherbert orange/golden shimmer with gold sparkle.
  • Goose Egg: Bright true gold shimmer.
  • Minty: Pastel seafoam with blue/mint sparkle.
  • The Brain: Dark rosy pink with diamond sparkle.
  • Lilac to Me: Perfect lilac shade with pink/blue sparkle.
  • Gargle Blaster: Bright orange gold shimmer.
  • Venom: dark fuschia with pink/purple sparkle.
  • It's Electric: Ocean blue rife with blue sparkle
  • Cactus Flower: Matte dark terracotta.
  • Minky: Rich plumy brown with blue/green sparkle.
  • Bleed Black: Black with diamond sparkle.
These shades are for the most part uncomplicated, but still lovely and true, many including Bleed Black, It's Electric, and The Brain were sheerer then I though they were going to be.

Gargle Blaster is described as more gold on the website but I would defiantly call it more orangy, truth be told I only picked it up because I'm a Hitchiker fan. And I also picked up The Brain for similar geeky reasons, every time I see it this goes through my head.


Minky was a beautiful and unique surprise, but my favorites of this bunch were Minty, Lilac to Me, and Sunset.

1 comment:

  1. These are such lovely colors! Some of my favorites so far. I will certainly consider Black Rose Minerals for eyeshadow. Lilac to me is stunning!

    ReplyDelete