Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Evil Shades: Beautifully Evil Skincare

 Company Complaint 

I want to start by saying that I loved Evil Shades, I think their shadows are complex, beautiful, and they wear well, my experiences with their lip products have all been good, the colors are fun, and not drying, but I was pretty pissed at them over this.

Toward the end of February I picked up Evil Shades Mystifying Face Cream for Dry Skin, I still had enough left for about a month, but I was running out of facial moisturizer and these were new at the time so I wanted to give them a try. I didn't have a lot of extra money so it was the only thing I bought, and I figured it would be a quick ship, so I waited, and waited, and waited....

The turn around time was at a maximum of 20 days not counting holidays and weekends. It's kinda hard to tell with Indy companies if their TATs are because of worst case scenarios, or if they really are that busy, so like the polite customer that I am, I waited some more. Finally, two days past the 20 day marker (around the beginning of April) I got into contact with them and just asked, what was up?

They said my order had gotten lost somehow, and that's why it hadn't been sent, even though I could find my order on their website. They apologized and told me they would send it out by the end of the week. A week AFTER that it actually did get sent out and arrived on my doorstep May 3rd.

So I realize this is not the worst story out there, but it did sour me on this particular company a little. Which is really, really sad.

Lotion Review

Okay, as for the cream itself, I like it, it's somewhere in the middle in terms of quality, it's better then Drugstore brands, but still can't hold a candle to Lushs Imperialis which is my normal go-to face cream. Despite the websites claims I did find it a bit greasy, it was slow to absorb and I would never try wearing it under my makeup so I relegated it to a night cream. I like it okay, but I wouldn't have felt the need to buy it again, even if I hadn't gone through so much trouble the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment