Friday, August 17, 2012

Femme Fatale Cosmetics

Femme Fatal is an Australian based indy makeup company I happened to come across. I liked their website, which is clear and easy to use with accurate photos, shade descriptions and all sorts of information about ingredients, uses, and recommendations. Along with eyeshadows they also have a few blushes and "Illuminators", plus they sell some really awesome looking nail polish that I wanted, but alas they don't ship them outside of Australia.

Shipping itself is decently priced for the distance they come from, some of my baggies exploded a bit, but it wasn't too bad, and they arrived about a week and a half after I made my purchase.

 
 From left to right swatched over Pixie Epoxy above, and Aromaleigh Lip and Eye Primer below.
  • Phantasm: A very soft lilac shade with a gold shimmer. Works well as a liner and a hilight for the corner duct of your eye, but looks odd on the brow bone.
  • Levitate: A pink toned lavender with a pink shimmer.
  • Shooting Stars:Purple with a STRONG blue duochrome.
  • Space Cow: Gray toned purple with pink shimmer.
  • Haunt: A plum shade with red/pink shimmer.
  • Sunfire: A coral shade with heavy gold shimmer that makes it look more orangy.
 
  • Sunfire: See Above
  • Ignite: Orange with orange/gold shimmer.
  • Dreamstate: Navy with a very strong turquoise shimmer.
  • Crusader: Bright yellow with gold sparkle and orange shimmer.
 
 If you like unique shimmery purples this is the shop for you, My favorites of this bunch were Shooting Stars, Sunfire, and Dreamstate. My least favorites were Ignite and Crusader, they're not bad shadows, but they're just very common, there was nothing unique or surprising about them, I feel like they're just there because every makeup company is expected to have an orange and a yellow shade.

As you might be able to tell the shades show up amazingly well over Pixie Epoxy, though you REALLY have to let it dry up on your lids before putting these shadows over them because they crease like crazy otherwise. They did not not like my primer (as you can also see), but I later used some Urban Decay Primer Potion and they worked better brushed over it.

 
 Along with eyeshadows I picked up two blushes, which I swatched over bare skin.
  • Fire Bloom: A pink toned coral with copper shimmer.
  • Fierce: A burgundy wine shade. Matte and patchy.
They difference between these two blushes is like night and day, Fire Bloom applied smoothly with some shimmer, and Fierce is patchy with no shimmer to speak of although it's supposed to have some. It's really the only sour note from the entire company, it won't put me off buying more from this company in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment