Friday, February 22, 2013

Fairytale Dress

 
 Teaser from a photoshoot I did in the dress.

For Christmas my lovely friend Maura sent me some fabulous japanese fabric with a super cute boarder print. But she only sent me 1 yard, and the boarder was different on either side. But I did some creative cutting, and I think it worked out well. I designed the dress to be comfortable and warm, I used jersey cotton for the top, not something typical of lolita outside of cutsews and hoodies, but hey I'm a rebel.

Before I finished with the sleeves. I still plan on adding some lace to the bottom, but I haven't found any I liked yet.

In the top picture I'm wearing vintage gloves and beret. The green butterfly necklace is Tarina Tarantino. The bottom picture are my new rubber boots from mel. They've been super useful this winter, and cute, let's not forget cute.

1 comment:

  1. It turned out really cute! I probably should've realized a yard wasn't much to work with, but I think you did a fantastic job with adding the middle panel in the front. Also, I love the red boots with it!

    ReplyDelete