Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Halloween is my most favorite time of the year. I dress up all month long, there's always awesome food, and a ton of parties to go to. AAAANNDDD pumpkin patches!

Gloria and Shannon get to go every year, but I don't always make it. Usually I'm working, but the girl who schedules the trip ever year (our friend Missy) is out of the country at the moment, so it fell to me to make plans, so I made sure it was on a day I wasn't working.

The patch we go to is Fir Point Farms in Aurora Oregon. It has some awesome stuff going for it, though they did tone back this year. One of the best things about this place is that it has fun activities for adults to do as well as children including a corn maze...

...And a corn CANNON! Gloria was really good, she hit the target both times! It's not that easy, trust me.

Ignore the weird shadows on my face.

My favorite thing that I have to get every year are Apple Pie Fries. They are the best, they're apple slices dipped in batter and deep fried, served with caramel sauce and whipped cream. I adore them.

Don't they look amazing? I was alone waiting for my companions to get their orders and as soon as I sat down a family sitting in front of me whips they're heads around to look at me. And it wasn't a small family either, there had to be at least 7 people who suddenly dropped what they were doing to stare. It was unnerving, but they just wanted to know what I was eating.

Becky and her wiener. There were many jokes.

Shannon, the black Irish bastard that he is, wanted to eat the cute fluffy bunnies.

I prefer pork myself. Pigs are pretty cute too though.

The goats had this fenced in area but the owners of that farm had made a ramp for them that extended to a tree beyond the fence. There was a pulley system with a little cup and you could feed them.

There were a few baby cows. They did not want to corporate for pictures, this was the only one I managed to take where he was kinda facing the camera.

We had a good time, but we were beat by the time we left. The sun had been shining down on us all day and left us thoroughly wilted. Still, I do love a good pumpkin patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment