Friday, June 24, 2011

Stripes and Spots

I've been painting my nails a lot lately. It's a new thing for me since I never much cared to paint them myself before and only had them painted for me on rare occasions when I visited the salon. I'm extremely left handed and am not very dexterous with the right one, but they turned out all right and I'm confident I will get better.

I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue-Away, I really enjoy the flat shape of the brushes for this product. Paint slides down the sides as you paint so you don't have to dip back in the bottle as often. It takes about two coats to become opaque and has a nice glossy finish.

The red is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Cardinal, only takes one coat to become opaque and is a thinner product then the Insta-Dri.

For the stripes and dots I used Sally Hansens Nail Art Pen in White. I'm quite happy with this product, it's thin paint, so to make opaque stripes I had to go over them again a few times, but this makes them easier to clean up after if you make a mistake. I'm looking forward to collecting more colors to play with in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment