Monday, January 23, 2012

Meow: XMAS Trees

Like the Snowflake Collection I bought all but one sample from the XMAS Tree collection, I honestly don't know why I didn't pick up Nobel, it seems like something I'd like. I urge you not to be fooled by the photos below aside from Cypress these shades are packed with enough gold shimmer to choke a mule. Personally I like that, gold eyeshadows are among my favorites though I realize they are not everyone's cup of tea. So if you don't care for gold this collection may not be for you.

Swatched over Pixie Epoxy on the top and Aromaleigh Eye and Lip Primer on the bottom. From left to right...
  • Artificial: Shimmer pale golden green with gold sparkle.
  • Cedar: Also a pale golden green, it's a bit like Artificial but a darker green and a brighter gold shimmer.
  • Spruce: A brownish olive green with dark gold/bronze shimmer.
  • Balsam: Simple grass green shade with bright gold shimmer.
  • Cypress: A bright jade green with green shimmer. The only shade without any gold to it.
  • Fraser Fir: Forest green with blue tones and gold shimmer though not as heavily shimmey as some of the other shades.
  • Pine: Exactly the shade you might imagine a Christmas Pine to be, only a slight gold shimmer.

My favorite of this bunch is Cypress, it's the odd man out I feel, but oh so pretty. I am also partial to Balsam it's very similar to Aromaleighs Serpensortia of which I wear often. I think Artifical was my only disappointment, I desperately wanted it to a be brighter lemon/lime color, less gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment