Monday, August 22, 2011

Daily Wear: 08/21/2011

Shades of lilac dominated this day, as I'm sure you can see. And I curled my hair, It's really surprising but the longer my hair is the easier it is to curl, go figure.

All eyeshadow is Aromaleigh with Rhea on the inner corner and under the water line.

High Heels is the silvery pink shade on the lid, then Blueshift which is not the peach periwinkle shade it appears to be it just never goes opaque, then Lush Memoir on the outer corner.

You can't tell from my pictures but in life High Heels looked a bit golden when compared to the periwinkle colors, it brought some depth to the look that I was very fond of.

On my lips was Airborne Unicorn from Lime Crime with a coat of pinkish gloss on top.

My nails, I've been doing easy solid shades lately. I really like this color, it's Sally Hansen Hard as Nail Xtreme Wear in 270 Lacey Lilac. Probably my favorite purple shade ever.

My goodness I love this dress. It's 80's, I picked it up from a vintage store earlier this summer when I realized I was gonna need something easy and breezy that I could still wear to work if I needed to. It makes me look so tall! I paired the dress with my neon yellow gladiator sandals and the peach lolita head-bow Maura sent me for my birthday.

3 comments:

  1. I like the curly hair- looks like it did when we first met you. :) And the dress is cute too, it's similar to what I saw a lot of girls wearing over here this summer.

    BTW, when I was in Tokyo last weekend, I checked out the new fall fashions at the dept. stores. There were a lot of '40's style blouses paired with 50's style bottoms (like wool boucle skirts and such). Wish you were here to go shopping with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious, I totally bought a 40's blouse the same time I bought the above dress. It's got a blood stain on it so I'm trying to figure out what to do about that, but it's come a cute little collar and delicate embroidery detailing.
    Horray for being on top of the latest trends and not even realizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, you must be spiritually in tune with Japan's fashion world, Arika.

    ReplyDelete